Do you need Training or Technical Assistance?
Click Here to tell us about your issue
NCHPH provides training and technical assistance to enhance the capacity of PHPC health centers and other health centers that want to provide primary care to residents of public housing, with the goal of assisting health centers in meeting program requirements, improving performance, and supporting program development and analysis. NCHPH executes four capacity-building strategies:
NCHPH helps health centers assess their specific needs relative to creating a PHPC site, improving operations of an existing PHPC health center, or replicating a PHPC model.
Technical Assistance and Training
Health centers receive NCHPH technical assistance and training through telephone consultations, dissemination of information, self-help tools and materials, on-site visits, referrals to resources, and information-sharing and skills-building workshops at the annual NCHPH conference.
Follow-Up and Support
NCHPH offers follow-up support to help health centers achieve their objectives and goals by overcoming environmental and technical challenges. Continued assistance is available via e-mail, phone calls, and, if necessary, a site visit.
NCHPH maintains a vibrant network of PHPC grantees and other health centers. Network members receive profiles of successful practices, updates on both health issues and residents of public housing, and notices about training opportunities.
To strengthen the capacity of federally funded Public Housing primary Care (PHPC) health centers and other health center grantees, NCHPH provides training and technical assistance in a number of ways.
- Skills-building training workshops at the annual NCHPH conference
- Distance-learning opportunities
- Telephone consultations
- Self-help tools and materials
- Site visits
- Referrals to resources
NCHPH technical services address a wide array of PHPC health center and other health center grantee needs for specialized assistance, models, training, and up-to-date information.
New and Expanded Access Points
- Mapping population and service area
- Initiating a relationship with the housing authority and other community agencies
- PHPC program design and development
Developing Grant Applications
- Documentation of needs
- Developing health care plans
- Developing business plans
- Review and comment of application draft
Designing a PHPC Model
- Developing staffing plan
- Recruitment and retention of staff
- Developing collaborative relationships
- Developing the relationship with the housing authority
Corporate Strategic Planning
- Developing needs assessments
- Strategic planning facilitation
- Formulating goals, objectives and outcomes
- Clarifying values
- Organizational communications
- Developing quality improvement assurance plans
- Developing written policies and procedures
- Developing effective governing boards/board training and orientation
Verifying and Reporting Resident Users
- Training front line staff
- Accessing new populations and duplicating successful outreach strategies
Designing Health Promotion and Outreach Services
- Developing patient health education materials
- Implementing health promotion programs
- NCHPH online library and resource center
Expansion of Clinical Services
- Program planning
- Developing a quality improvement plan
- Developing a Chronic Care Program
- Reengineering the patient visit to improve patient flow
Leadership and Professional Development
- Customer-service training
- Governance training
- Staff training on leadership and effective communication skills
- Peer-to-peer mentor visits for new, existing, and challenged grantees
- Quarterly Information Bulletin (newsletter)
Consultations and Customized Assistance
The NCHPH team is available to provide hands-on consultations, customized trainings, referrals, and other solutions to help you attain your specific health center goals. Health center grantees can access complimentary inquiries and information services. Low- and moderate-intensity assistance is also free of charge. Affordable fees apply to services that entail extensive NCHPH time or travel. In delivering technical assistance and training, NCHPH collaborates with national housing organizations, federal health and housing agencies, and other stakeholders. For more information about our services or how NCHPH can assist you, please contact us.